Monday, March 2, 2009

It's Never Too Late

What? You mean it's already March? How do bloggers do it? This is a big commitment, people. Jacqui, the only person that checks this blog, wants new pictures and recipes so here are pictures, but unfortunately, no new recipes, rather, I will catch you up with some images taken recently and late last year. Now, I'm all caught up, yay!

My sisters and I ate at Goldilocks and enjoyed a filipino breakfast of langonisa, sunny side up eggs and garlic rice. Rice is nice!

Okay, these enchiladas were much better than they look in this picture, but I made enchilada sauce from scratch! I found it in the Rick Bayless cookbook. I thought that kind of sauce only came in a can, who knew? It tasted great!

We love the pig and here's a perfect pork loin rib roast by Chef Stephen. The roast was served with an apple cider and balsamic reduction, butternut squash puree and roasted fall vegetables. I am now a lover of celery root!


In January, Sebastian came to Seattle with his parents. He's the cutest bug, and he had extra love for the dogs. Sit Maddie, sit Buddy! Here he is with one of his many talents.

My mom came to visit in late January and we were experimenting with foods we normally do not make and so we started by trying to make charsiu bao. These buns are so fluffy and white when you order them at dimsum. Mine were not that fluffy, but if I had a wheeled cart, I think I could've sold them around here..

My brother-in-law has a cousin that made awesome empanadas. The flaky crust was stuffed full with chicken, potatoes, carrots and my favorite, raisins. I think they fried the pies, but here, we baked the little morsels. It was very good, but I could use a crust lesson..or two.

It's 9 pm, and I need to bring 5 dozen of something sweet to Michael's school for Valentines. What? I only have salty pretzels, melted Rolos and green M&Ms, what to do...

Did you see the No Reservations episode when Bourdain went to the Pacific Northwest and had gone to the Voodoo Doughnut place to eat a maple bacon bar? Christina went to Portland one weekend and brought this back, yum!

No comments: